Whenever i hear the name “Beef boti masala” the image of a deliciously tender meat dipped in gravy just enough to coat it, pops into my head and this is just the recipe for that tender beef strips or chunks. It’s easy to make, one of those recipes which are especially easy to cook when you’re busy, all you gotta do is put all the ingredient in a pot and wait till the meat is soft and tender. All you need is …
Beef—————300 g (undercut preferably or any other part)
Onion————–1 (finely chopped)
Ginger————–1 (Julian divided equally into two)
Cumin seeds———1 tsp
Turmeric powder—— 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder—1 tsp
Red Chillies Powder—–2 tbsp
Garlic-Ginger paste—–2 tbsp
- Take oil in a pan and add finely chopped onions.
- When the onions are transparent add half the Julian ginger and add garlic-ginger paste.
- cook it for two minutes and add Cumin seeds and cook further for two minutes.
- Add beef and cook it till it’s water is all dried up, keep stirring occasionally.
- When all the water is dried up add turmeric powder, Garam masala powder, Red chillies powder and salt.
- keep stirring for two minuets then add yogurt on a very low flame. Cook till it forms a thick gravy and the meat is nice and tender. App. 30-40 minutes.
- On medium flame add fresh chopped coriander, rest of the Julian ginger and cover.
- Garnish with coriander and Julian ginger.
Serve hot with Naan or plain rice.