Looking for an ultimate party pleaser? Try this beef steak with black pepper sauce next time you’re expecting guests. The steaks are marinated in advance, the vegetables can be sauteed before time, only grilling or cooking is done right before serving. This way you spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your friends and family.
Who doesn’t like steaks, either beef or chicken, we all love ’em, don’t we. It’s the number one dish that people order when they go to a fancy restaurant. And why not, it’s juicy, tender and above all, we can’t make it at home. We usually order those things in a restaurant that we can’t or don’t think we can make at home. So, next time when you go to a restaurant you’ll be ordering anything other than beef/chicken steak with black pepper sauce, because you’ll be making steaks at home, all the very time. Before we go to the recipe, let me tell you something about steaks.
There are many types of steaks that you can easily buy from your local meat shops, but the T-bone steaks are considered to be the best and the most expensive beef steaks available , everything comes with a price, right?
The thickness of the steaks affects the cooking time and the final product. Choice is yours:
- Thick and juicy – Thick and chunky steaks are at least 1 inches thick (the thicker, the better) they take longer to cook but are more juicy and moist.
- Thin and crispy – While the thin steaks are more crispy and less moist. However some people actually do prefer thin and crispy steaks to the former one. Anyhow, choice is yours.
Now let us talk about the marinade. Marinade not only tenderizes the meat, but moistens the steak and gives it that distinctive flavour everybody raves about. It’s the secret ingredient that turns an otherwise ordinary piece of meat into a taste sensation. So, if you want to make a restaurant-style beef steak with black pepper sauce at home, try to marinate the beef steaks over-night. Because as a general rule, the longer you marinate, the more tender and juicy the meat will be. Also remember that food marinates faster at room temperature than in refrigerator. However in hot weather, try to leave the marinated steaks at room temperature for 30 minutes before popping them into the fridge.
There are many types of flavorful sauces to compliment steaks but today, we’ll be sharing Black pepper sauce with you for more than one reason. This sauce is super delicious, super quick and super easy. So, you don’t have to a food expert to make this one.
And here’s another way of showing off your grilled beef steaks, however the lines don’t show in all that sauce, hmph! But still worth it 🙂
Tips on how to cook a perfect steak at home- all the very time:
- A great tasting steak begins with a great steak, so buy the best quality beef steaks you can afford.
- Whatever cut you choose, always buy steaks of even thickness – not wedge shaped, this way they will cook evenly.
- For best results, marinate steaks overnight or at least 6 hours before cooking.
- Once you take the marinated steaks out of the fridge, let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat your grill, pan or grilling pan, whatever, to very hot before drizzling oil over it and once you place the meat over it, bring it to medium flame.
- Drain the steaks before placing them on the grill. Too much marinade in the grill or frying pan can not let the meat get brown, the meat will stew rather getting those appetizing golden grill lines. The marinade can be brushed over the steaks while cooking or grilling for that extra flavor and juiciness.
- Once on the grill, do not turn or flip the steak many time. Cook on each side for 5-8 minutes and then turn, once or twice.
- Do not over-crowd the pan with steaks, go slow, one or two steaks at a time for best results.
- Never discard the juices and the marinade/the liquid bit left in the cooking pan or grill, you can use it in your sauce for that interesting flavor.
- Place the cooked/grilled steak on the plate for a few minutes to infuse all the flavors and juices evenly all around.
Serves: 1 person
Cooking Method: Grilling
Marination Time: At least 6 hours to over-night.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Calories: 250, however the calories in beef steaks vary greatly depending upon the fat content.
Nutritionol Value: 49.5% fat, 44.2 % protein and 6.3 % carbs. Vitamin B.
You can use the same recipe to make Chicken steak with black pepper sauce.
|Beef Steaks||1, evenly cut|
|Salt||1/2 tsp or according to your taste|
|Freshly crushed black pepper||2 tsp|
|Soya Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||1, finely crushed|
|Butter||As need for sautéing veges and extra for the sauce|
|Chicken stock||1 cup|
|Lemon juice||2 tsps|
|Corn Flour||For thickening the sauce|
How it’s made:
- For best results marinate the beef steaks in oil, vinegar, freshly crushed black pepper, salt, sugar, soya sauce over night.
- Now heat your grill, pan or grilling pan to smoking hot. Once it’s hot, drizzle two tablespoons of oil over it and gently place the marinated beef steaks on top.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes and then turn.
- Cook till golden from both sides. Check if it is done by slicing a small piece from the side of the steak. It should not be pink or red from inside, once it is done.
- Now for the sauce, take one tablespoon of butter in a sauce pan and through in salt and freshly crushed black pepper (do not use powder). Just Stir.
- Now add in finely chopped garlic, cook it to light golden and pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Once it boils, bring the flame down to slow and add in soya sauce along with the cream. Give it a good stir.
- Check it it needs some extra salt or pepperness. You can tweak the heat of the sauce as per your taste by adjusting the amount of black pepper being used in the sauce. Remember our steaks have pepper added to them so don’t over do it, please.
- Now add in lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and thicken the sauce with corn flour solution.
- For individual serving, top a juicy steak with this creamy black pepper sauce and place your favourite vegetables, lightly sautéed in butter or oil on side.
- And if you are making this for dinner parties, make a large batch of the black pepper sauce and set aside. Just before serving heat the sauce and let the steaks rest in a pool of black pepper sauce, 20 minutes before serving. Heat before serving, again. See the image above, it will give you some idea how I served beef steaks with black pepper sauce at a dinner party.
- Or you can make a sandwich with this steak. Lightly grill two bread slices and place the tender, juicy steak on the bottom bread slice, top it off with some black pepper sauce and caramelized onions. Add cheese if you like.
- You can serve the steaks with lightly sautéed vegetables in butter or oil and serve the steak on a bed of soft and creamy mashed potatoes. I will post the recipe for mashed potatoes very soon, insha Allah! I served sauteed green beans, carrots and broccoli with the beef steaks with black pepper sauce.
- Serve it with French fries or baked potato with sour cream if you like. Tie green beans in bundle or thinly slice carrots complete the meal.
Set a table on your balcony or in the garden, then cook and eat this thick and juicy beef steak with black pepper sauce with your loved ones.
Image Courtesy: The Main Meal
If you enjoyed reading my Beef steak with black pepper sauce recipe please do share it with your friends and family on other social networks like Facebook and twitter. And to receive such mouth-watering, authentic recipes like Beef steak with black pepper sauce , please do subscribe to my blog.