All these spices already-lying-in-your-pantry will help you create this amazingly aromatic behari qeema recipe. I fell in love with the aroma and the behari kababs signature touch of this qeema or mince meat.
If you’re a huge fan of Behari kabab with Poori Parathay from the famous nation wide chain of Bundu Khan’s Restaurants like me, then this qeema or mince meat recipe will definitely put a smile on your face.
Once you roast and later grind all the spices together, this is what they will look like.
I know the shot ain’t justifying but it was the best I could pull off in such little time. Food was being served and I only had a few seconds left.
What you need
Mince Meat————————- 1/2 kg mutton, beef (I used Beef)
Garlic/Ginger paste—————– 1 tbsp
Raw/Green Papaya with skin——- 1 tbsp crushed to paste
Salt———————————- 1 tsp
Brown onion————————– 2 tbsp
Roasted dessicated coconut ———– 1 tbsp
Roasted Red Chili Whole————— 10-15
Roasted Khashkhash/ Poppy seeds—- 1 tbsp
Roasted Green Cardamom————- 4
Roasted Cinnamon sticks————— 2 (1 inch piece each)
Roasted Cloves————————– 4-5
Mace ( Jawatri )————————- 2 inch piece
Nutmeg (Jaifal)————————– 1/4 tsp
Garam Masal Powder——————- 1 tsp
Yogurt———————————- 3/4 cup
How it’s made
- Marinate your beef mince in garlic/ginger paste, raw papita with skin, salt and let it sit for at least an hour.
- Dry roast coconut, khashkhash, red chili whole, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks separately and grind them together.
- Once they have been grinded to fine powder, add in mace powder, nutmeg powder, Garam masala Powder and mix, then set aside.
- Now heat oil in your pan and add all the spices, add in 1/2 a cup of hot water so that the masalay may not burn in hot oil.
- Bhoonofy your masala and once it’s done add in your marinated mince meat.
- Bhoonofy your mince meat and then add yoghurt.
- Give everything a good mix and add in brown onions, mix again and cover.
- When the water dries and oil comes on top, give it smoky effect with coal explained here in my other post.
Serve it with Poori Paratha (I will upload the recipe for poori parathay soon insha Allah) hari chatni and kachoomer salad.