I’ve been wanting to post this recipe for quite some time now. But getting lazy day by day. Anyways, winter is right at the corner and this sizzling hot, rich, creamy, buttery chicken is just perfect for a winter lunch/dinner. So, enjoy and have fun people!
Btw I deeply apologize for the dull shots this time, I don’t know what was I thinking or was I even thinking about anything at all :S A thousand apologizes :S
What you need
For Chicken part
Chicken———————– boneless 1/2 kg 1 inch cubed
Garlic paste—————— 1 tsp
Red chili powder————- 1 tsp
White butter—————— 2 tbsp
Coconut milk powder———- 2 tbsp
Onion————————– 1 finely chopped
For the buttery sauce/ Makhni gravy
What you need
White butter—————– 50 g or 2 tbsp heaped
Fresh garlic paste———- 1/2 tsp
Sliced ginger—————- 1 tbsp
Oil—————————- 1 tbsp
Tomato paste—————- 3 tbsp
Salt—————————- as required
Red chili powder———— 1/2 tsp heaped
Garam masala powder—– 1/2 tsp
Corn flour——————– to thicken 1 tsp
Lemon juice—————- 1tbsp
Sugar———————— 1 tsp
Coriander to garnish —- 2 tbsp
Water———————– 1 cup
How it’s made
The Makhni Sauce
- In a deep sauce pan, throw in butter and oil, together on medium heat.
- Once it gets relatively hot, throw in ginger and garlic.
- Sautee them for 1 -2 minutes and throw in tomato paste.
- Stir and add in salt, red chillies, garam masala powder and sugar.
- Give it a good mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes before pouring in 1 cup of water.
- Once the water starts to boil add lemon juice and thicken it with corn flour. Do not thicken it too much and it shouldn’t be watery as well so be careful.
- Once it thicken, mix in cream, and cook for another 2 minutes on slow flame and your sauce is done, throw in fresh coriander in the end, set aside.
- Now take a clean pan. Throw in butter and onions.
- Once the onions turn slight pinkish, add garlic.
- Sautee garlic and throw in chicken boneless.
- Give it a good mix and add spices like, salt and red chillies powder.
- Cook chicken for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add 4-5 tbsp of water to coconut milk/cream powder and throw it into the chicken part. cook for another 3 minutes and it’s done.
- Now for the final assembly, add the makhni sauce to the chicken part and cook till the sauce thickens in about 3-5 minutes.