This cake method is OUTSTANDING! I loved it, and rest loved the cake. The best thing about this cake recipe is that you bake the cake in a mug, yes your favorite coffee or cha mug. And you know what’e even better is that it take less than 2 minutes to cook it, how grand is that, it can’t get any better than this bhai, it can’t. You can even bake it with your kids helping you, it’s so easy peesy lemon squeezy. 😀
Seriously speaking, I was kinda like skeptical how it would turn out and all but, to my sheer surprise the cake was light, fluffy and just what I was hoping it to be. The ingriednts used in the recipe are plain and simple, you may just find them lying in your pantry anyway.
What you need
Flour——————- 4 tbsp
Baking powder———- 1 tsp
Egg——————— 1 slightly beaten
Vanilla Essence——— 1/2 tsp
Oil———————- 3 tbsp
Milk——————– 3 tbsp
Chocolate chips——— 3 tbsp
Caster sugar———— 5 tbsp
Cocoa powder———– 2 tbsp
How it’s made
- In a clean bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add in caster sugar. Stir in egg.
- Once all lightly mixed together add in oil, milk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Throw in chocolate chips and stir well.
- Now pour this mixture into your favorite, oven-proof mugs and cover with cling wrap.
- Cook one mug at a time for first 1 minute, gently remove the cling wrap, insert a tooth pick if it comes out clean, it’s done, if not, cover top with cling wrap and let it cook for 10 more SECONDS. Every microwave is somewhat different in heating to be slow, don’t burn it.
Enjoy with a dollop of cream or ice cream on top and impress your friends and family.
Courtesy Not quite Nigella