For everyone who tries to avoid spinach and is quite successful in his efforts, well this recipe will just do the trick.
I’ve made it thrice and it was big time favorite every time. The hint of cheese with spinach and soft and tender yet juicy chicken gives it’s a unique and wanna-eat-more-and-more touch.
But the best thing about this recipe is that it gives you spinach with all its nutritions. Otherwise the way we make spinach in your homes, it ruins everything.
All you need>>>
Chicken bonless——– 300 g
Spinach—————- 2 kg
Cheddar cheese——— 250 g
Flour—————— 4 tbsp
Milk——————- 1/2 liter
Garlic—————– 3 cloves
Salt——————- according to taste
Black pepper powder—- 2 tsp
Oil——————– 1/4 cup
How it’s made>>>
- Take oil in a pan. Add flour to it and keep stirring with a whisk till flour turns light golden and smells great seriously, it’s quite subtle though. But, once you’ll make it you’ll know what I mean okay now, the set aside.
- Take another pot and blanch spinach in boiling hot water for 2 minutes and then drain it out. set aside.
- In an another pan, saute chopped garlic till pale golden, and add chicken 1 inch cubes. Cook till the chicken water dries.Set aside.
- Take milk in a pan and boil it.Once boiled add the flour mixture into it in a form of a thin stream and keep stirring constantly till all flour mixture is used up.
- Add salt and pepper to it.
- Then add chicken to it and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C.
- Now take your oven proof-serving dish.
- Add white sauce with chicken into it.
- Top it with spinach.
- Cover it with some grated cheddar cheese and pop it into the oven till golden brown on top.
Now devor it with great relish with family and friends.