Chicken corn soup is one of the easiest and the simplest soups to make. Ideal for all those weight watchers. It’s simple, it’s easy and it won’t spoil your diet plans, what more could you ask for?
It’s sweater season finally, hurray! We oh-so desperately and dearly wait for this time of the year, when we can enjoy a hot bowl of soup, different each day and don’t get bored of it. When sitting by the fire place, snuggling cozily all wrapped up in a warm blanket, sipping tea and reading our favorite novel is no more a fantasy. It’s pretty much do-able, almost a must.
Basic Chicken Stock Recipe
This chicken stock recipe can be used as a base for a lot of soups. So, whenever you need a good stock, you may use this recipe and feel good about yourself This is what Chinese food is all about: Food is simple yet delicious, takes less time to make so you may ave more time for yourself or enjoy with your friends and family. Chinese food ain’t called “Comfort Food” for nothing
Btw if you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to make stock then see the NOTE section of the recipe. I have given a super quick fix to it.
Oh here it goes:
Things you’ll Need:
Chicken with bone————– 8 pieces
Carrots————————- 2 diced
Spring onions——————- 2 diced, green plus white part
Ginger————————– 1 inch piece
Salt—————————– 1 tsp or according to your taste
Black pepper——————– 1/4 tsp or according to your taste
White pepper——————- 1 tsp or according to your taste
Water————————— 15 cups
How it’s made:
- Throw all the items in the “Things you’ll need” section into a big pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, bring the flame down to medium-low and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Once it’s been cooking for one hour, take out the chicken pieces, discard the bones and shred chicken to fine bits. Keep aside.
- Strain the mixture, discard the veggies or keep them separate and use them in white sauce chicken or white rice.
- Your stock is ready. How easy was that.
- Chicken pieces– ——————– 250 g boiled and shredded
- Creamed sweet corn—————- 1 tin or as much as you like
- Salt————————————- to taste
- White pepper————————- to taste
- Black pepper————————- pinch
- Chicken stock (yakhni)————- 10 cups
- Lemon Juice————————– 4 tbsp or according to taste
- egg————————————- 1
- Soya sauce————————— 3 tbsp optional
- Chili sauce—————————- 2 tbsp optional
- Corn flour solution——————- as needed to thicken the soup
- Pour chicken stock, creamed sweet corn, boiled and shredded chicken bits, salt, black pepper and white pepper into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, add soya sauce and chili sauce, if you like. I don’t like adding them to this soup. I add them in Hot and Sour Soup, not chicken corn soup.
- So anyways, once it’s done, thicken it with cornflour plus water solution. Start with ½ cup of water and 2 tbsp of corn flour. Add the cornflour solution in one single stream flow from one hand while stir the soup from the other hand, so you don’t get any lumps in the soup.
- If the soup is not thick enough, make more corn flour solution and pour in one single stream while stirring the soup from the other. The flame at this level should be low.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice, stir!
- Once the soup gets the desired consistency, whisk an egg into a bowl and add it to the soup (just like the cornflour solution) in one single stream form, while stirring the soup from the other.
- Serve Hot.
My favorite soup is Clear Thai Soup and Yours?
If you enjoyed reading my “Chicken Corn Soup Recipe From Scratch”, please do share it with your friends and family at home and at other networks like facebook and twitter. And if you would like to receive free tried and tested recipes of my blog like this “Chicken Corn Soup Recipe From Scratch”, please do subscribe to my blog and get free updates.
If you know someone who is into baking, would like to learn “How to bake a perfect cake”, suggest my free e-course and start baking. Click The Chef In Me and the enter your name and e-mail on the widget on your right, to join the course.