Chinese food is comfort food. Once you’re done with gathering and cutting the ingredients, rest is quick and oh-so-easy. All you got to do is throw in the ingredients one after the other and viola! A complete meal is ready in a matter of few minutes. Ain’t that grand or what 🙂
What you need>>>
Chicken —————– 1 kg boneless cubed
Ketchup—————– 1 cup
Vinegar—————— 4 tbsp for gravy
Spring onions———- 2 green part finely chopped
Red chillies————- 2 tsp
Salt———————- to taste
Soya sauce————- 2 tbsp
Oil———————– 3 tbsp
Onions—————— 3 medium sliced
Hot sauce————– 2 tbsp
Corn flour————- 4 tbsp
Garlic/ginger——— crushed to paste 3 tbsp
Black pepper———– 2 tsp
Sugar——————– 3 tsp
Water——————- according to need
Cornflour paste——- as needed
Capsicum————– 2 cubed shaped
All-purpose flour—- 4 tbsp
Vinegar—————- 3 tbsp for marination
How it’s made>>>
- Marinate chicken boneless in soya sauce, vinegar, garlic/ginger paste, corn-flour, all-purpose flour, salt and black pepper for half an hour. Then deep fry and keep aside.
- Now take oil in the pan and sautee garlic/ginger paste.
- Add onions and cook till they are pinkish and tender.
- Once the onions are done, add ketchup, sugar, salt, red-chillies, vinegar, hot sauce and sugar and stir well.
- Then add spring onions, fried chicken, capsicum and mix well.
- Pour water upto the extent of gravy you like.
- Once it starts boiling, add cornflour to water and pour to desired consistency.
- Simmer it for 10 minutes, once the gravy is thick, consider it done.
Serve it with Plain white rice or egg fried rice, or maybe chicken fried rice.