Currently I’m on the cabbage soup diet, you must have heard about it, anyways. So, the 5th day of this diet plan called for chicken and tomatoes only. For someone who loves to explore new flavors and spices, this was a perfect oppertunity. I was allowed to eat a little more than half-a-kg, so insted of going for the ame old chicken curry, I thought maybe something a little different would be nice. I tried out chicken stew with tomatoes and it turned out beautifully delicious.
Me and my husband loved it.I made his one with sausages and mine with chicken boneless. I made a few alternations which will give the chicken a kick of flavors according to our taste. Since, you know that canned tomatoes are not that budget frendly these days so, i took the liberty of using fresh tomatoes, gave them a decent slit on the surface, placed them in boiling hot water for 3 – 4 minutes and then quickly rinsed them with cold water to peel off their skin easily. Once the skin was off, chopped them finelly, put them in a saucepan and cooked till most of the water evaporated and the sauce dried, viola! The rest of the recipe is the same.
- Take oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Add onions, just let them cook for a tad while, till they turn light pink.
- Add chicken in Julian. Stir, stir, stir.
- When chicken turns white, add the tomato paste.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, red Chilli powder, origano, rosemary and ketchup and stir it well baby.
- Add a little water to cook the chicken.
- Cover for 5 minutes till chicken is done and sauce has its perfect consistency.
- Lastly add mustard paste and hide somewhere so, you don’t have to share it with anyone, I do