Anika on Masala TV made this recipe in her program “Temptations”. Since, I’ve always been a huge fan of cheesecake, but never really got hold of an authentic recipe, and as they say, “out of sight, out of mind”.
I was chilling at my mom’s place when her program aired on Masala TV. Now I wanted to make it, i needed to make it the very same day. Asked my mother, she gave a green signal without much resistance. Got the stuff needed. Cream cheese is kinda hard to find in normal stores, so got it from Al-Fatah. I was sure they would have it. And they didn’t disappoint me 🙂
But the recipe says that the cake has be chilled preferably overnight. So, i finished making it around 10 ish pm and then let it rest in freezer. Later, nest morning, we had cheesecake for breakfast heheheehehe and then we all slept again. It may not look like, but it’s rich and heavy 🙂 Loved it! I didn’t have my camera with me, so no images people.
All you need>>>
Cream cheese———– 1 cup or 8 oz
Digestive biscuits—— 200 g
Vanilla Essence——- 1/2 tsp
Egg whites————- 2
Gelatin powder——- 1 1/2 tbsp
Cream—————– 1 cup
Caster sugar———- 3/4 cup
Lemon juice———- 2 tbsp
Butter—————– 4 tbsp
Warm water———- 3 tbsp
How it’s made>>>
- Grease an 8 inches (round) tin with removable base.
- Grind biscuits. Add butter and add more if the biscuits are still crumbly. To check take some biscuits in your palm, these close your hand, when the right amount of butter has been added, finger impressions are made on the batter you hold in your palm.
- Place the biscuits into your removable base tin and press hard into it.
- Take a stem glass and press the crust again and a smooth finishing.
- In a bowl beat 2 egg whites till stiff. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine cream cheese, cream, caster sugar, egg yolks, Vanilla essence, Lemon juice and beat till well mixed.
- Beat in the egg whites till mixed completely.
- Now take warm water in a small bowl and add the gelatin powder to it. Mix it well.
- Add the gelatin powder mixture to the main batter. And mix well with a beater.
- Leave it overnight or 7-8 hours in the freezer before digging in.
If you happen to have some frozen strawberries bcause their seson is off now in our land, or can get some canned ones, arrange them on top of the cheese cake after it has been let to rest at least for an hour, so the fruit won’t just slip inside the cake.If you are using strawberries, get strawberry jam and heat it gently in a frying pan, till it’s runny/liquidy. Now pour the jam on top of the arranged strawberries and pop it back into the freezer.
Remember all this time, don’t take the cake outside the tin with the removable base . Remove from tin just before serving.
Trick to remove the cake>>>
It’s simple and easy. When the cake has been set, overnight. Take it out of the freezer and place on an upside down step glass with a flat base. As you push the cake gently and carefully downwards from the tin’s side. The round outside tin will gently slide down leaving the removable base on top.
Now mangoes will be in season, be creative and top it with sweet mangoes or any other fruit you like except melon and watermelon :p too watery 🙂 Your cheese cake is ready to eat. 🙂
Enjoy and Say Thanks to Allah for all this amaizng food we get to taste eah and every day, Subhan Allah!