I’ve now made these, chocolate bits from heaven, thrice this week and once last week. I made it first time for my college friends get together and then next time, when my husband asked me to. And then again and again for my sister-in-law’s tea party. The best thing about them is that they are SOOOO darn easy to make. Takes about 10 minutes to assemble (please note I’m being generous here) and then a total of 40 minutes in the refrigerator.
Every body loves these chocolate bites whenever i make them. So if you are in a hurry or in need to please some guests, well these babies will do the trick in little time
All you need>>>
Crushed biscuits —————- 100g or 8 oz
(I used Marie, party, and candy biscuits, you can use any one’s you like)
Cocoa powder——————- 25g or 1 oz
Raisins—————————- 50 g or 2 oz
Golden syrup or honey——– 75g or 3 0z
Butter or margarine———— 100g or 40z
Chocolate———————— 100 g or 4 oz
How it’s made>>>
- Well grease a 15 cm or 6 inch shallow cake tin with butter, preferably.
- Put the butter, golden syrup, cocoa powder and raisins into a sauce pan and heat till butter is melted. Stir continuously.
- Remove from the heat and thoroughly mix in the crushed biscuits.
- Press it into the prepared pan and pop it into the refrigerator till it’s cold, 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate on a double boiler.
- After 20-25 minutes take the pan out of the fridge and spread the melted chocolate on top.
- Pop it back into the fridge for another 5 minutes or till the chocolate is set.
- Remove the cake from the tin and cut into squares, triangles or wedges.
- Decorate it with some melted white chocolate.
Perfect for afternoon tea part or a little snack to please that sweet tooth of yours. Other than that they can also be mad for picnics in winter. Not a chance in summer as the chocolate on top will surely melt in the scorching heat of the sun in Lahore.
No matter where and when, it will surely impress and delight your palate.