The first time I made Chocolate Chip cookies was on Nov.5th, 2006 (still remember the dates ) and boy they were delicious, just what I was hoping for. I made it for my hubby’s birthday and boy they were a bit hit.
So, after some time I wanted to bake ‘em again but unfortunately (or fortunately ) I couldn’t find my recipe, looked everywhere but nope, couldn’t find it. Now a couple of days back my sis asked me to bake her these delicious cookies.
So, now I had to look for the PERFECT recipe. I like my cookie to be soft and crumbly, crisp around the edges and a soft center. Thank God I found this site She wears many hats and gave these cookies a shot, although I searched and investigated atleast 10 12 sites, picked this one, which I liked the most. And the cookies didn’t disappoint me at all. They were just the thing I had been looking for, enough talking, bake ‘em and see for yourself, what exactly I mean.
What you need>>>
All-purpose flour——– 4 cups
Baking soda————– 2 tsp
Vanilla Essence———–2 tsp
Butter———————-1 1/2 cup or 340 g
Brown sugar————— 1 1/4 cup firmly packed
Granulated sugar———-1 1/4 cup
Chocolate chips———— 200 g
How it’s made>>>
- Preheat the oven at 176 C
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Now beat together butter and sugars till well mixed.
- To it add eggs one by one and continue beating.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and half of the chips.
- Add walnuts to it now.
- Now grease a baking dish with butter and drop ping-pong ball sized balls with tablesppons or hands (I used my hands) place some of the remaining chips on top of it.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes till golden and light brown around the edges.
Updated, August 3rd, 2012.
I am participating in a chocolate chip cookie contest, so here’s the image and the link. These posts are pretty old. In those days I was a novice food blogger, so the images reflect the same image. But don’t let the dull, un-sharp images distract you, these cookies have received rave reviews from everyone who tried them.
Wish me luck people, wish me luck!
Here’s the link, if you want to get your recipe registered for the contest.