Sick and tired of those same tasting samosay. Even tried substituting potato filling for chicken but still, your taste buds crave for something crispy, creamy yet light on the budget. Well, we have something of your interest.
These crispy fried potato puffs will definitely be a breathe of fresh air for you. These are one of those snacks, after you take your first bite, you hear “no-one-can-have-just-one *trum pum” song in the background. And the music keeps playing while you eat. You and the music both stop when there are no more crispy fried potato puffs left in the plate, seriously! They are addictive.
I would have owned you after one bite. These crispy fried potato puffs are addictive, I’m warning you. You need to find a lone corner in your home so, you may – in utter peace, enjoy these tiny, creamy, crispy wonders of Allah and thank HIM for every bit of it.
Use the images below as to your “how-to” guide. The most important thing in cooking these crispy fried potato puffs is that you do not make the water runny. It shouldn’t be runny at all, as you can see in the images below that the final batter is thick and creamy, you won’t see water anywhere in the final batter so e careful about it. Rest is easy.
Potatoes are such a versatile vegetable and that’s why it’s an important staple food worldwide. They can be used in so many different ways. Try making these:
- Chicken and Cheese Balls,
- Use them in Salads,
- Make Potato Cutlets
- Special chicken cutlets
- Potato cakes in cheese sauce (a must)
- Potatoes—————- 1 cup boiled & mashed
- All-purpose flour——– ½ cup
- Water——————- ½ cup
- knorr chicken cube—— 1 cube
- Egg——————— 1
- Salt——————— ½ tsp
- White pepper———– ¼ tsp optional
- Set the flame on medium heat.
- Add water into a frying pan and throw in the chicken cube.
- Stir to dissolve the cube in the water.
- Take the pan off heat and add all-purpose flour to it. Stir to mix. It will be a pretty thick batter. Leave no lumps. Set aside.
- Now take the boiled and mashed potatoes in a clean dry bowl and add the flour batter to it.
- Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add egg, salt and white pepper (optional) and beat till well everything is mixed nice and smooth.
- The batter should be thick and creamy. Use the How-to images above for further assistance.
- Now heat oil and drop 1 inch of batter into the hot oil, fry till light golden brown from both sides.
- Don’t over fry them please. Once they are light golden, take them out on kitchen paper or tissue paper and serve hot or cold.