Personally i don’t like cake-like brownies. I like brownies to have a little crispy, crust on top but, deep and moist centre. And that’s exactly what these american brownies are.
And cake like brownies don’t even come close to it. That is why I LOVE American brownies. And this recipe that I’m about to post here is the very best of all. I’ve tried a lot of American brownies just to satisfy my sweet-tooth but these bits of joy jam packed with chocolaty, moist center and a thin crust are JUST perfect. Try it, only then you will truly understand what am i trying to tell you 🙂
All you need>>>
Eggs————————– 2 Large
Caster sugar—————- 8 0z or 200 g
Butter———————– 2 oz or 50 g melted
Plain flour—————— 2 oz or 50 g
Vanilla essence———— 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder————- 3 tbsp
Baking powder———— 1/2 tsp
Salt————————– one pinch
Walnuts——————– 2 oz roughly chopped
How it’s made>>>
- Preheat the oven at 190 C.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and pinch of salt, set aside.
- Now well grease an eight inches square tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla essence and butter.
- Now take the sifted flour (that you sifted in point 2) and fold it into the batter.
- Then fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave it into the tin for 10 minutes and then cut into brownie square and carefully remove while still warm.
God, even writing about them over here is making ma bake one batch of ’em today hehe but No, I’ll wait till tomorrow because, on day after tomorrow, I’ll be making these again for my mom’s friend get-together. Yay! Can’t wait!
So, give it a try yourself and lemm know how it turned out for you.
Happy baking folks!