Let’s be killed. The variations in club sandwich are as many as the cooks. But this recipe I’m posting here makes a wonderful “desi” double-decker club sandwich, which we love to buy anytime.
I’ve learnt to make this the hard way. I used to apply butter on both sides of the bread, toasted in the toaster, tried it on flying pan but they didn’t seem to have the restaurant texture I was looking for. So, text time, I took a frying pan, not hot at all, threw in the bread slices and let them toast without any butter or oil and it worked 😀 The bread slices were crisp from the outside yet moist from inside. You can’t achieve the moist bread from a regular toaster, because the heat hardens the bread slices badly.
So, a classic club sandwich begins with a toasted slice of bread. Can’t get any easier than that, ey? 🙂
What you need
Boiled chicken—————- as much as you like
Hard boiled eggs————- 1
Tomatoes——————– 1 sliced
Onions———————– 1 sliced
Salt————————– 1/4 tsp
Pepper———————- 1/4 tsp
Garlic powder————— 1/4 tsp
Mayonnaise—————– as much as you like
Bread slices—————– 3
Chili garlic sauce———— as much as you like
Salad leaves—————- as much as you need
How it’s made
- Trim the sides of bread slice and toast the bread on a cool frying pan as I have mentioned above. Set aside.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to boiled, shredded chicken and mix well. Set aside.
- Now take two slices of bread and apply mayonnaise on one side of them, generously.
- Apply chili garlic sauce on the third one.
- Take one of the mayo spread toasted bread slice and place salad leaf.
- Throw chicken on top.
- Now the second mayo spread toasted bread slice. Mayo side down
- Followed by boiled eggs.
- Then the slice tomatoes and onions.
- Finally, the chili garlic side down bread slice.
- Push the sandwich down with your hands to infuse all the flavors. Cut in half and serve.
Serve it with French fries, coleslaw and coke. 😀
Please remember if your bread is not toasted properly, you won’t have the right texture of the sandwich, it might be too soggy and sloppy. Nobody likes a sloppy sandwich so please learn from my mistakes and toast as I have mentioned above.
Stop buying from restaurant what you can easily assemble at home.