Let’s be killed. The variations in club sandwich are as many as the cooks. But this recipe I’m posting here makes a wonderful “desi” double-decker club sandwich, which we love to buy anytime.
I’ve learnt to make this the hard way. I used to apply butter on both sides of the bread, toasted in the toaster, tried it on flying pan but they didn’t seem to have the restaurant texture I was looking for. So, text time, I took a frying pan, not hot at all, threw in the bread slices and let them toast without any butter or oil and it worked The bread slices were crisp from the outside yet moist from inside. You can’t achieve the moist bread from a regular toaster, because the heat hardens the bread slices badly.
So, a classic club sandwich begins with a toasted slice of bread. Can’t get any easier than that, ey?
What you need
Boiled chicken—————- as much as you like
Hard boiled eggs————- 1
Tomatoes——————– 1 sliced
Onions———————– 1 sliced
Salt————————– 1/4 tsp
Pepper———————- 1/4 tsp
Garlic powder————— 1/4 tsp
Mayonnaise—————– as much as you like
Bread slices—————– 3
Chili garlic sauce———— as much as you like
Salad leaves—————- as much as you need
How it’s made
- Trim the sides of bread slice and toast the bread on a cool frying pan as I have mentioned above. Set aside.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to boiled, shredded chicken and mix well. Set aside.
- Now take two slices of bread and apply mayonnaise on one side of them, generously.
- Apply chili garlic sauce on the third one.
- Take one of the mayo spread toasted bread slice and place salad leaf.
- Throw chicken on top.
- Now the second mayo spread toasted bread slice. Mayo side down
- Followed by boiled eggs.
- Then the slice tomatoes and onions.
- Finally, the chili garlic side down bread slice.
- Push the sandwich down with your hands to infuse all the flavors. Cut in half and serve.
Serve it with French fries, coleslaw and coke.
Please remember if your bread is not toasted properly, you won’t have the right texture of the sandwich, it might be too soggy and sloppy. Nobody likes a sloppy sandwich so please learn from my mistakes and toast as I have mentioned above.
Stop buying from restaurant what you can easily assemble at home.