This is a tale of three little fish who were minding their own business when one of them said to the rest.
Pink one:” Hey fishy, is it just me or is it getting really hot in this little fish bowl?”
Big green one: “You’re right, I do feel it now.”
Nodded the third one.
Pink one: So what do you say fellows, we’ve lived our whole life living in this boring little tank, why don’t we jump out and have some fun.
Smiled cheerfully, the other two fish.
One after the other they jumped out of the fish bowl and onto a marble surface, which was actually my cutting board. Then one after the other they looked around, checked stuff that had been lying there when suddenly.
The pink one’eye caught something it fancied so she started walking towards it, climbed up, looked down and there we’re peas, carrots and other Fantabulous cooked stuff. Dying to try it out it jumped in. Others followed.
That’s when I entered the kitchen. Got my pot of peas and carrots curry and started heating it up. So, that’s how I got to make my fish and potato pie hehehehehe
Anyways , what you need if you wanna make it is:
What you need>>>
For the curry>
Fish fillets——————- 250g make chunks, boneless and skinless
Carrots—————- 2 medium, cubed
Peas——————- a handful
Black pepper———- 1 tsp
Oil——————– 3 tbsp
Onions—————- 1 big one finely chopped
Salt——————- to taste
Lemon juice———– 2 tbsp
Green coriander——- 2 tbsp
Garlic cloves———– 3 crushed
Soya sauce———— 1 tbsp
- Marinate the fish fillets in lemon juice, salt and pepper for an hour. Don’t let it sit for more than an hour as the lemon juice will toughen the fish by cooking it after an hours time, okay?
- In the mean time , take oil in a pan, sautee onions and throw in the garlic, carrots and peas, cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the veggies are a bit tender, throw in the fish chunks and give it a good stir.
- Add soya sauce and cook till fish is cooked.
- Now put it into an oven proof dish and follow the second step.
Potatoes——————- 3 big ones boiled and mashed
Cheddar Cheese———– 100g grated
Milk———————– 6 – 7 tbsp
Cream——————— 2 tbsp
Salt———————— 1 tsp
Black pepper ————– 1 tsp
How it’s made>>>
- Add everything to mashed potatoes and pipe over the fish curry, bake at 180 C for 20- 25 min or until it gets a bit golden brown.
Have it with boiled or egg fried rice.
My images are before baking the fish, I forgot to take shots after wards hehe, so relax and bake it.