This is a Chef Rahat’s recipe and one of the best cake recipes you must have ever tried. The name says it all, as with just ONE egg, you get a whole 8 inches round cake. Ain’t that grand or what?
Don’t fret seeing the amount of raising agents used in this cake, just don’t over do the baking soda, more the prescribed amount and you’ll be surprised how wonderful this cake will taste. Got the recipe from my sister and instantaneously made it the very same day! Man it was worth it!
All you need>>>
Flour—————– 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder—— 3 tsp
Caster Sugar——– 3/4 cup
Baking soda———- two pinches
Cocoa powder——- 1 tbsp
Boiling water——– 3 tbsp
Butter—————– 125 g
Milk——————- 1/2 cup
How it’s made>>>
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- Beat butter (at room temperature) with sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk and the vanilla essence. (Don’t worry if the batter is curdle like, except if your using rotten egg )
- Sift the dry ingredients together except the baking soda.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones.
- Mix the baking soda with the boiling water.
- Add the baking soda mixture into the batter and fold till fully mixed.
- Pour the batter into 8 inches round cake pan and bake for 30 -35 minutes.
I didn’t use any measured amounts for the frosting. I only used lots of icing sugar, cocoa powder, and some hot water to give it a paste, thick paste like consistency. Once I poured it over the cooled cake, the icing hadens with time.
You can play with flavors and us butter icing, butter cream icing or any other favorite of yours.
You can also play with the flavors of this cake. If you want a plain cake and are short of eggs, use this recipe and omit the cocoa powder, use 1 tbsp of flour instead. Or maybe for a darker, deep chocolate cake, increase the tablespoons of cocoa powder with the flour and enjoy and delicious, pocket-friendly chocolate cake