Why would you buy fried chicken from KFC when you can make this delectable, juicy, tender chicken at home. Here are a couple of reasons why you should try making fried chicken at home.
- It’s healthier because you know exactly what’s in it.
- It’s easy.
- It’s inexpensive.
What you need
Chicken————— —- leg pieces 12 (or chicken pieces with bone)
Flour———————- 1 1/2 cup
Salt———————– as needed
Black pepper————– 1 tsp
Garlic/ginger paste——– 2 tbsp
Corn flour—————– 3 tbsp
Mustard powder———- 1/2 tsp
Vinegar——————- 1/4 cup
White pepper————- 1/4 tsp
Baking powder———— 2 tsp
How it’s made
- Give cuts to chicken and boil in 2 cups of water. Boil for only 4-5 minutes till it turn white in color.
- Then marinate legs in vinegar, garlic/ginger paste, white pepper, black pepper and salt. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, mustard powder, corn flour and salt. Stir to mix together nicely.
- Coat chicken legs in the flour mix completely with a light hand.
- Once the chicken has been coated set aside.
- Now add enough water in the batter to make it into a paste.
- Now coat the chicken in that batter then and deep fry.
- Once you place the chicken into your frying pan, don’t stir, leave it in there, cover the pot and turn to other side after 3-4 minutes on a medium flame. This will keep the coating nice and crispy on the chicken.
Serve with coleslaw and French fries. I dipped the fries in the same batter and fried in hot oil