If you are in a hurry but you HAVE to cook a dish for lunch/dinner in a matter of 15 minutes. Or if some unexpected guests arrive right before lunch/dinner and you need to not only think fast but cook something fast as well, well this Ginger Chicken recipe will definitely save your day and time also 🙂
You will fall in love with its flavour, its simplicity and its quickness, cook it yourself and prove me wrong on this otherwise.
What you need
Chicken boneless————————– 500g or1/2 kg
Salt——————————————– 1 1/2 tsp or according to taste
Red chilies———————————- 1 1/2 tsp or according to taste
Sliced ginger——————————– 2 tbsp
Ginger—————————————- 2 tbsp thinly sliced (not in paste form)
Yogurt—————————————- 2 tbsp
Tomatoes———————————– 3 large
Green chilies——————————- 2- 3
Oil——————————————– 1/2 cup
Milk——————————————- 1/2 cup
Mint leaves (fresh)———————— 2 tsp
How it’s made
- Okay first things first (duh!) you have to cook this chicken dish on medium to high flame.
- Take 3 large tomatoes, and throw them in your food processor or blender and try not to crush them completely into a fine paste, just process them till the tomatoes are crushed slightly into a chunky mixture.
- Take oil in your pan and throw in thinly sliced ginger.
- Cook it for 30 seconds to 1 minutes, the ginger shouldn’t get brown or something.
- Throw in slightly crushed tomatoes into it and give it a good mix.
- Cook it for 2 minutes and throw in chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken for 3 minutes, stirring occasional y on a high flame, DONOT COVER.
- Add salt and red chilies and mix again.
- After 1 minute, mix in yogurt.
- Cook for another 3 minutes or until the gravy dries a bit.
- Once it dries a bit, throw in slitted green chilies whole and pour in milk.
- Give it a good mix, lower the flame from high to medium and let the oil come on top.
- Once oil comes on top and you have a thick gravy, add finely chopped mint and enjoy with naan or tandoori roti, this stuff is addictive, seriously 🙂
I’ll be waiting for your feedback and your love 😀 Do remember me in your prayers.