Fondant enables you to give 3D effects to your cake. The smooth finishings, the intricate details fondants can never be achieved by soft icings. It has a play-dough like smooth, consistency but people always had issues with the flavour of regular fondants. That’s when MMF came to the rescue.
The Marshammallow Fondant or MMF has a very pleasant flavor as compared to the original fonadnt, and people like me, who are a HUGE fan of marshmallows simply love it. And since the marshmallows have Vanilla Essence already in them, so you don’t have to add an extra in this recipe. Love it for its:
- Very easy to make
- Its got marshmallows in it 🙂
- It’s tasty as well
- Can make it into just about anything, flowers, figures, shapes etc
The ratio is simple, Weigh the marshmallows and use double the amount of icing sugar. If you are using 100 g marshmallows, then 200 icing sugar will be used and so on, easy, eh? 🙂
Do not add too much of icing sugar as it will tend to dry your fondant so please don’t.
Try not to OVER grease the pans with oil otherwise your fondant will have an unwanted oily, shiny glaze.
what you need
Marshmallow——————————— 8 oz
Water—————————————— 2 tbsp
Icing sugar———————————— 16 oz
Corn flour————————————- to role the fondant
Oil ———————————————- for greasing the spatula and the bowl.
How it is made
- Take a dry, clean microwave proof bowl and grease it with oil. Grease a rubber spatula with oil as well and set aside.
- Now throw marshmallows into the bowl and sprinkle 2 tbsp of water over them.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, then check, 20 more and check, 5-10 seconds more or until the marshmallows first puff up.
- Give it a good mix with the greased spatula. Stir until smooth.
- Once marshmallows have melted, start adding icing sugar, a little at a time and knead along the way.
- Add enough icing sugar to make the dough play-dough consistency, not sticking, knead vigorously for 10 minutes or until it is smooth.
- Once done, you can use it immediately or wrap it tightly in a plastic paper or cling wrap and store in an air-tight container and then pop it into the freezer. It can be stored like this for up to 2 months.