Since, this is our first Magical Monday and no requests came in so I thought I just might post whatever I feel like. So today I’ll be telling you how to make your own Viennese Fingers.
These are very popular across the globe as tea-time classics. You won’t see them anywhere in Lahore, according to my limited knowledge and if you do, do share it with me
These biscuits literary melt in your mouth, have that creamy touch and they make your effort worth-it. Well, this doesn’t mean that they are difficult to make, on the contrary, they are super easy. Lemme show you know.
All you need
White Butter/ Unsalted butter————- 250 g
Icing sugar——————————— 70 g
All-purpose flour————————— 225 g g
Vanilla Essence—————————– 2 tsp
Corn flour———————————- 75 g
Food color———————————- optional
How it’s made
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 C.
- Sift corn flour and flour together and set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and icing sugar together for a minute.
- Add food color, I added pink and beat for another one minute.
- Add vanilla essence and beat to mix.
- Add sifted flour+corn flour into the butter mix and mix with a wooden spoon till every thing binds together nice and easy.
- Pipe with your icing gun fitted with a star tube on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes. Slightly brown around edges.
- Once done, coat each edges one by one with melted chocolate and show some love with sprinkles, taa-daaaa
- Once out of the oven they are pretty fragile, so handle with care and leave them to cool on the baking tray for 3-4 minutes before removing them.
- Don’t make fingers too long or they’ll break once you try to pick them up from the baking tray.