Since, this is our first Magical Monday and no requests came in so I thought I just might post whatever I feel like. 😀 So today I’ll be telling you how to make your own Viennese Fingers.
These are very popular across the globe as tea-time classics. You won’t see them anywhere in Lahore, according to my limited knowledge and if you do, do share it with me 🙂
These biscuits literary melt in your mouth, have that creamy touch and they make your effort worth-it. Well, this doesn’t mean that they are difficult to make, on the contrary, they are super easy. Lemme show you know.
All you need
White Butter/ Unsalted butter————- 250 g
Icing sugar——————————— 70 g
All-purpose flour————————— 225 g g
Vanilla Essence—————————– 2 tsp
Corn flour———————————- 75 g
Food color———————————- optional
How it’s made
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 C.
- Sift corn flour and flour together and set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and icing sugar together for a minute.
- Add food color, I added pink and beat for another one minute.
- Add vanilla essence and beat to mix.
- Add sifted flour+corn flour into the butter mix and mix with a wooden spoon till every thing binds together nice and easy.
- Pipe with your icing gun fitted with a star tube on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes. Slightly brown around edges.
- Once done, coat each edges one by one with melted chocolate and show some love with sprinkles, taa-daaaa 😀
- Once out of the oven they are pretty fragile, so handle with care and leave them to cool on the baking tray for 3-4 minutes before removing them.
- Don’t make fingers too long or they’ll break once you try to pick them up from the baking tray.