You can make this macaroni/pasta recipe with your pre-cooked minced (Qeema) of chicken, beef or even mutton. Or even if you have some cooked meat pieces from precious day, shredded them and you can use them in this recipe. This can be an excellent left-over whole-some meat recipe, for all those dull, boring and lazy days when you don’t feel like cooking or have friends coming over and you don’t want to waste your time standing in the kitchen cooking, cooking and yes, still cooking.
Macaroni with minced meat is a comforting yet satisfying meal, try it and find out…
Tips for a perfectly boiled pasta/macaroni/noodles:
- Never cook your pasta in boiling hot water, it destroys the outer layer of the pasta however you may not realize it. So, always throw in your macaroni/pasta or whatsoever in simmering water, a stage before boiling for best results.
- Always add a reasonable amount of salt to water, in which you will be cooking your pasta.
- Once your pasta has been boiled, strain it, take it out of the hot water and quickly rinse them in cold or regular tap water and the set aside. This stops the pasta from further cooking, which results in soggy, dull and bland pasta.
- Once you throw pasta into your dish, let it cook and absorb the wonderful flavours of the dish, by letting it sit in the pan for 2-3 minutes with the lid closed and on slowest flame. Pasta is bland, has no particular flavour so this step is very critical as well as rewarding.
What you need
Mince Meat—————- beef, mutton or chicken
Onions——————— 1 medium
Potatoes——————- 3 cubed, boiled
Tomatoes—————— 2 cubed
Elbow Macaroni———– As much as you like, boiled
Ketchup——————- 3 tbsp
Soya Sauce—————- 3 tbsp
Oil———————— 2 tbsp
Salt———————— 1 tsp or according to your taste
Black Pepper————— 1 1/2 tsp or according to your taste
Fresh Coriander ———– 3 tbsp
Carrots——————— cubed pre-cooked optional
Capsicum——————- cubed, Optional
How it’s made
- Pre-cook your mince meat as you do and set aside.
- Pre-boil potatoes and macaroni and set aside.
- Now take a pan, add oil in it.
- Throw in the sliced onions and sautee them for 2-3 minutes or until they are slightly pinkish.
- Add in potatoes and give it a good mix.
- Now put your mince meat in the pan and throw in rest of the ingredients except the elbow macaronis.
- Give everything a good mix, it shouldn’t be watery, should be lightly moist so the flavours and the juices flavour the macaroni as well.
- Now when everything is ready throw in the pre-boiled macaroni and finely chopped coriander, give it a good mix and then cover the pan for 2-3 minutes on a dum/low flame, this will help the macaroni get coated in all the amazing meaty flavours.
- You can add pre-boiled carrots, capsicum if you like. Everything in this recipe is optional. Go as you please. Play with flavours.