Butter cookies are my all time favorite cookies. Plain and simple but impressive. And the best thing about them is that you can either leave them plain to complement tea or coffee or you can add a little icing here and there, sprinkle some hundreds and thousands, Viola!You get a wonderful looking, absolutely delicious party biscuit. Be creative. This is what i did.
All you need>>>
Flour—————– 7 0z or 200 g
Unsalted butter—- 4 oz or 115 g soft
Caster sugar——– 1o0 g
Cornflour———— 2 tbsp
How it’s made>>>
- Put the soft butter in a large bowl and beat till creamy with a wooden spoon or a beater.
- Add sugar and continue beating till the mixture is pale, light and fluffy.
- Separately beat egg with a folk lightly and set aside.
- Now add the egg slowly slowly into the butter mixture and keep beating till all egg is used up.
- Separately sift together cornflour and flour 3 times and set aside.
- Now add the flour + Cornflour to the mixture and mix to a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and pop into the fridge for 30 minutes, where it gets fairly firm.
- Now grease a cookie tray with oil or butter and pre-heat the oven at 180 C, the timing of baking depends on the size and design of the cookies, usually they bake after 8- 10 minutes so do check ’em after 7 minutes, if not done leave them in for an extra 2-3 minutes. If you overcook them, they will get hard when cool.
- Now after half an hour take the dough out and get creative.
Shape them as you want. Twist, heart shape, round, square, star and flower. There are plenty of amazing cookie cutters available in the market, if you’re interested. Well you don’t need a cookie cutter for the twisted one’s 😉
Remember if your cookies are too tin, they’ll be crispy and if a bit thick, they’ll be like mine. Just the way I like my butter cookies. Thick and crumbly. I don’t like shortbread and thin one’s. Well it’s just ME. Discover what you like and start baking girls.
Go go go!