Sick and tired of repeating the same fried fish or fish in curry the-desi -style recipes over and over again? If yes, this Chinese style quick and easy “juicy fried fish in tomato sauce” will be a breath of fresh air, for sure.
Once you fry the fish chunks, try to hide them somewhere
What you need
|Tomatoes||3 finely chopped|
|Soya sauce||2 tbsp|
|Chilli Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Garlic/ginger paste||2 tsp|
|Onions||2 medium, finely chopped|
|Coriander||1 tbsp, fresh green, finely chopped|
|Black pepper||1 1/2 tsp|
|Corn flour + water||as needed (solution to thicken the sauce)|
For fish Marination
|Corn flour||2 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
How it’s made
- Take a clean, dry bowl and throw in dry fish cubes.
- Now marinate fish in salt, black pepper, vinegar, egg and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then deep fry the fish cubes in hot oil till golden brown, take out on a kitchen paper and set aside.
- Blend together tomatoes, garlic/ginger paste, ketchup, chilli sauce, salt, black pepper into a paste and set aside.
- Next, take oil in a pan and throw in finely chopped onions.
- Sautee onions and add in the paste. Cook paste for 10-15 minutes or until oil comes on top.
- Now throw in fried fish cubes, give everything a good mix and cook for further 5-10 minutes, add water if needed.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve it sizzling hot with chicken fried rice or garlic fried rice.
I didn’t make my sauce too thin so, I didn’t have to add any corn flour plus water solution to thicken the sauce. But, if you are catering for more people, you can make extra sauce and later thicken it with corn flour solution.