Got these cupcakes recipe from Ann Nicole’s book, Cupcakes and Muffins. I made a batch and it simply vanished into the thin air, considering how quickly guests at home devoured it with great relish. They loved ’em so much that they placed an order for two more dozens 😀 So, no fluff, Guaranteed! 😀
What you need
Self raising Flour————— 5 oz
Baking powder—————– 1/2 tsp
Eggs————————— 3 medium
Butter————————- 5 oz
Caster sugar——————- 5 oz
Lemon juice——————– 1
Lemon juice——— 2 tbsp
Caster sugar——– 2 oz
How it’s made
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C and line muffins tray with cupcakes cases.
- Place the butter (room temperature), eggs and sugar in a bowl and then sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Now add to it finely grated zest of lemon and a tsp of lemon juice.
- Beat together for two minutes, until it is pale and fluffy.
- Fill the cases 3/4 th full and bake for 15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- To make the Glaze, cut the zest and juice of two to three lemons. Throw sugar, zest of lemons and lemon juice in the saucepan, with heat on low flame stir occasionally till sugar disappears.
- Pour over cupcakes while still warm.
These Cupcakes keep well in an air tight container for 4 days, Enjoy!