It’s difficult to find a decent recipe that doesn’t involved usage of raw eggs. Most of the recipes use raw egg white being folded into the chocolate mix. But when you have kids holding their tiny little dessert spoons, waiting for the mousse to get chilled and out of the refrigerator, well you gotta think twice before throwing a raw egg into the mousse.
But this amazing recipe is just what I was looking for. No raw egg whites hence, safe for kids.
What you need to be careful about in this recipe, rest is piece of cake 🙂
- NOT TO HAVE THE FLAME TOO high or you’ll burn the chocolate mix and you’ll have to throw it into the bin
- Whip/beat the 1 cup cream to hard peaks. Very important or the mousse will not set properly.
And this is what happens when you leave two glasses of this irresistible Mousse in the fridge at night. In the morning you wake up for a surprise. Guess they just couldn’t lick ’em clean 😀
What you need
Mars bars————– 175 g
Cream—————– 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Cream—————– 1 cup
Cocoa powder———- 2 tbsp
How it’s made
- In a saucepan over slow heat, melt together mars chocolate, cocoa powder and (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp) cream.
- Stir constantly to prevent the mixture from burning.
- When it has melted evenly, remove from heat and allow it to be cool.
- Whip/beat cream to hard peaks. Once done fold in the cool chocolate mixture in it.
- Pour into your ramekins, glasses or anything and chill for 3-4 hours.