You can never go wrong with chocolate and marshmallows. They are definitely a match made in heaven. Either you’re making hot chocolate or coating marshmallows with melted chocolate, these two are meant for each other. They complement each other beautifully, that’s why I said, “you can never go wrong with chocolate and marshmallows”.
Have a Slice
This cake is perfect for all those gloomy, dark nights or chilly winters. They two make an excellent combination and a wonderful blend. The combo is deadly. Mind-blowing to be least. Ah, they look so good together. So good!
Chocolate & Marshmallows
I’m a huge fan of marshmallows and I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like chocolates. Chocolate and marshmallows go so well together. When the deep, dark and bold flavors of the chocolate meet the light, sticky, fluffy and cushiony-soft marshmallows – Kaboom! And if some silky smooth chocolate glaze has been drizzled on top - the result is an ooey-gooey, moist, sticky cake. A real treat for choco-mallow-holics.
Perfect for picnics and excellent for afternoon tea.
It’s hard to imagine afternoon tea without a cake. And if that cake is a chocolate cake with toasted marshmallows with some velvety chocolate glaze – what more could you ask for then. This cake is ideal for picnics as well. Make it a day ahead, wrap cling film on top and refrigerate. Excellent ‘eh. A cup of tea or black coffee would be lovely.
Don’t you just love it
- Chocolate Cake——– see note
- Mini Marshmallows—– as many as you like
- For Chocolate glaze
- Butter—————– 113 g
- Icing sugar———— 2½ cup
- Cocoa powder——— ⅓ cup
- Milk——————– ⅓ cup
- Bake your favorite chocolate cake or try out my recipe. See Note.
- Bake the cake in a rectangle dish. When it’s done, throw some mini marshmallows (white), I used pink but I think white would look much, much better. Now pop the dish back into the oven for just 2 minutes.
- The marshmallows will melt.
- Poke some holes in the cake.
- Now pour the chocolate glaze on top, sprinkle some more marshmallows and then leave it to set.
- For the Chocolate Glaze
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add cocoa powder and give it a good stir. There should be no lumps left.
- Take the pan off heat. Now throw in icing sugar and milk. Give everything a good mix. When no lumps remain. Pour it over hot cake.
This chocolate cake is no ordinary cake, it’s a rich, deep, dark and moist. The chocolate glaze is thick, shiny and silky smooth. What a lethal combo of chocolate cake, marshmallows and chocolate glaze.
Do share your views on the cake.
If you enjoyed reading “Marshmallow Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Glaze” recipe, do share it with your friends and family. And if you would like to receive FREE updates of my blog and recipes like Marshmallow chocolate cake with chocolate glaze”, do subscribe to my blog.