I made these the first time for my daughter’s 2nd birthday party. And to my surprise they were a bit hit. Since my little girl loves animals so, we had Zoo theme for her birthday, and i made these little ones look like rats hehe wish i could make their tails 🙂
But they are not as difficult as they sound and as their names says, they just melt into your mouth, they are a must. Do try ’em. It’s one of those fool proof ones 😉
Another important thing about these cookies is that they can be stored for about 3 weeks in an air tight container. I love making them, because they are quick and easy and at the same time can be stored for future use. Ain’t that great or what? 🙂
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
What you need>>>
All purpose flour—— 210 g
Cornflour ————– 60 g
Salt ———————- 1/4 tsp
Icing sugar————- 30 g
Butter——————- 227 g
Vanilla Essence——- 1 tsp
How it’s made>>>
- Preheat the oven to 177 C.
- Grease baking tray.
- Cream butter and sugar till light.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Sift flour, cornflour, salt then whisk and set aside.
- Add flour mixture to it and beat until it mixes completely.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for an hour or until it firms up.
- Make it into walnut sized (1 inch) balls and transfer to baking tray for about 12-14 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top while they are still hot.