Everybody loves Namak Paray found on Methai shops or Samosaya walay Light, crispy, salty not too much oily they are a perfect snack for tea. But the best just got better! As now we have Methay Paray here. Yup just omit salt and cumin seeds from Nmak paray recipe and after deep-frying them, toss in castor sugar, viola! the sweet or methay version of Paray are ready for you to enjoy. So enjoy!
4 tsp—– oil/ghee
1 cup —–plain flour
1/4 —–tsp cumin seeds
1/8 tsp —–baking soda
oil for deep frying
Castor sugar— 1 cup
1. Combine water and oil.
2. Sift flour. Add salt, baking soda and cumin seeds.3. Gradually add water to flour mix.
4. Mix well until it forms a compact ball.
5. Knead dough until it is smooth and elastic.
7. Roll the dough on a plain suface and spread it around so that it makes one thin layer.
8. Slice this layer in 3′ x 1/2′ rectangles
9. Fry in deep oil till they turn light brown.
10. Toss in castor sugar while still hot.