Everybody loves Namak Paray found on Methai shops or Samosaya walay 🙂 Light, crispy, salty not too much oily they are a perfect snack for tea. But the best just got better! 🙂 As now we have Methay Paray here. Yup just omit salt and cumin seeds from Nmak paray recipe and after deep-frying them, toss in castor sugar, viola! the sweet or methay version of Paray are ready for you to enjoy. So enjoy!
4 tsp—– oil/ghee
1 cup —–plain flour
1/4 —–tsp cumin seeds
1/8 tsp —–baking soda
oil for deep frying
Castor sugar— 1 cup
1. Combine water and oil.
2. Sift flour. Add salt, baking soda and cumin seeds.3. Gradually add water to flour mix.
4. Mix well until it forms a compact ball.
5. Knead dough until it is smooth and elastic.
7. Roll the dough on a plain suface and spread it around so that it makes one thin layer.
8. Slice this layer in 3′ x 1/2′ rectangles
9. Fry in deep oil till they turn light brown.
10. Toss in castor sugar while still hot.