You can make your lasagna with chicken, beef, mutton or simply using vegetables. I have seen many people make a combo of spinach and mince chicken in the layering of lasagna and it tastes delicious, even if you are not a hard core fan of spinach
I think lasagna is one of the easiest things to make. It is only time consuming. It involves simple steps which consume a lot of time but it’s all worth it in the end. I make it as a sidedish for dinner paries and as main course for kids and family. Because you can eat it as it is, no rice, no nothing. It’s got everything you need, meat, vegetables, pasta, cheese, milk, and it tastes fanstastic also.
What you need
Lasagna sheets———————————————— 1 packet, I used KOLSON
Mince meat—————————————————— 300 g chicken, beef, mutton
White sauce—————————————————– 2 – 3 cups
Cheddar Cheese———————————————— 100g to sprinkle on top
Mince Meat Recipe:
Mince Meat——————————————————– 300 g
Vinegar———————————————————— 3 tbsp
Ketchup———————————————————– 1 cup
Soya sauce—————————————————— 2 tbsp
Tomatoes——————————————————— 3 large, finely chopped
Chart masala—————————————————- 1 tsp
Water————————————————————– 2-3 tbsps
Capsicum——————————————————– 2 sliced
Onions———————————————————— 1 sliced
Tomatoes——————————————————— 3 large finely chopped
- Now I am sure all of you know how to make mince meat or Qeema. Use your favorite, tried and tested recipe and make your mince meat using only 2- 3 tbsp of oil (because once the lasagna is baked, all the oil comes on top,so try to minimize oil as much as you can).
- Once your Qeema or mine meat is ready, add vinegar, ketchup, soya sauce, rest of the ingredients along finely chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft and makes a paste.
- Add water if the mince meat is very dry. It should be like thick saucy mince meat, neither watery nor too dry.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes, try not to cook the vegetables for too long, they’ll be cooked in the oven also.
- Set aside.
White Sauce Recipe:
Milk—————————————————————- 2 cups, more if needed
Flour————————————————————– 4 tbsp
Oil—————————————————————– 2 tbsp
Butter————————————————————- 2 tbsp
Salt—————————————————————- 1 tsp
Black Pepper————————————————— 1 tsp
White Pepper————————————————– 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Take a clean, dry pan.
- Throw in butter and oil together.
- Once the butter has melted add, flour and stir constantly for 2- 3 minutes, or until the flour turns slightly golden in color. Stir constantly or else lumps will form and your sauce won’t be smooth.
- Once the flour turns slightly golden, take the pan off heat and add warm milk to it, little by little and keep stirring continuously. Cook on a medium flame till the sauce thickens, stiriing occasionaly.
- Add salt, pepper and give it a good mix.
- Set aside.
The Final Assembly
- Boil Lasagna sheets as per the packets directions.
- Take your oven proof bowl and put 3 tbsp of white sauce in it, spread it all around.
- Spread boiled, lasagna sheets on top in a single layer form.
- Then spread your meat sauce over the sheets.
- Followed by lasagna sheets.
- Coat lasagna sheets with white sauce, generously.
- Spread mince meat sauce over it.
- again the lasagna sheets.
- Followed by white sauce all over and sprinkle shreaded cheese on top, all over.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200 C, for 30 – 40 minutes.
Be creative and start using different layering options, you can use anything you like, it shouldn’t be too watery though.