(First of all, sorry for not posting any images in this post. It is because I made the pasta especially for this post but was so busy with some appointments and guests that I forgot to take the shots, so please spare me the lectures :p will post the images asap, i pomise
There are many different styles in which this Pasta Alfredo is cooked. Today I’m going to tell you how I cook it, and believe me it is the closest that you get in those fancy restaurants, tried and tested many times.
You can cook it with any sort of pasta but in restaurants it is usually cooked with fettuccine pasta or rigatoni pasta so feel free to use any.
Never cook your pasta in boiling hot water, always throw them in medium hot, steaming water or it’s outer layer will get damaged.
What you need
For the White Sauce:
Butter———————— 2 tbsp
Maida/all-purpose flour——- 3 tbsp
Milk————————– as needed approx. 1 litre
Salt————————— 1/2 tsp
White pepper—————– 1 tsp
Cheddar Cheese————– 150 g grated
For Chicken Part:
Chicken———————– 350 g
Oregano————- ——— 1 tsp
Milk————————– 1 litre
Garlic————————- 5-6 cloves, paste form
Mushrooms——————- 200g sliced
Pasta————————- 200 -250 g boiled
Salt————————— to taste
White Pepper—————– 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper powder——— 1/4 tsp
Onion————————- 1 finely chopped
Spinach———————– 1/2 bunch, finely chopped leaves boiled, optional
Hard Boiled egg————— 2 finely mashed
How it’s made
- Take a clean pan and add butter to it. Try using white butter but if you don’t have white butter, you can also use regular Salt butter like Nurpur but do keep in mind that it has some amount of salt in it already, just keep that in mind.
- As the butter is melting throw in finely chopped onions. Sautee onions and throw in garlic and cook for a little while. Do not let the onions or the garlic to turn brown.
- Throw in sliced mushrooms and Sautee for a minute or two.
- Once done, add chicken to it and as the chicken is cooking, add salt, white pepper, oregano and black pepper powder. Cook till chicken is cooked and the water dries.
- Once it dries, take the pan off heat and set aside.
- Now if you know how to make white sauce, then go ahead and make it otherwise follow the directions given below.
- Take another pan, add butter and oil to it. Once the butter melts add flour to it. Cook flour for 1 or 2 minutes (it shouldn’t turn brown at all.) It’s done when the flour give some aroma or turn slight golden in colour.
- Once it turns slight golden add milk and keep stirring to avoid the formation of lumps in the white sauce.
- Cook till it thickens. Once it thickens add salt, white pepper along with grated cheese.
- When it is done, add boiled (finely chopped) spinach and throw in the cooked chicken. (hard boiled egg and spinach is totally optional, I don’t add spinach although I love spinach).
- Throw in your already boiled pasta and give it a good mix, check seasoning. Adjust according to your taste and serve with white rice, garlic bread or enjoy just as it is.