I’ve tried three to four pound cake recipes but none, none tasted like our desi, bought from local bakery yellow tea cakes that we get for a quick trifle or as it is for tea until now.
This is Rida Aftab’s tea Cake or Yellow cake and it’s lovely. It’s got this beautiful soft texture and that crispy brown crust is just perfect, that’s why I call it “Perfect tea cake”.
I’ve made it twice and this time I made it with a surprise in the center. A chococaramel surprise. And without much delay lemme tell you that it’s loaded with the chococaramel mouth watering Mars bars, Yes Mars bars, who doesn’t love mars bars, well it wasn’t a question, so you may keep your hands down, anyways.
You can bake it as it is or you can add two or three mars bars, after adding half the batter and then pour the rest of the batter on top and pop it into the oven so you can impress your guests and have a perfect tea.
What you need>>>
Flour————————————- 2 cups
Baking powder————————– 1 tsp
Butter———————————— 200g room temperature
Yellow color—————————— pinch
Lemon/vanilla essence—————– 1 tsp
Caster sugar—————————– 1 1/2 cup
Milk————————————— 2 – 3 tbsp
How it’s made>>>
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 C.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add lemon/vanilla essence and food color and mix well.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Add twice sifted flour in three sifts, 3 tbsp in each sift and beat till all consumed.
- If the batter is too thick add milk but not more than 3 tbsp.
- Now bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
A piece of cake or what.