All you need>>>
Egg yolks———- 4
Caster sugar——- 1/3 cup
Cream————– 1 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence—- 1 tsp
Salt————— one pinch
How it’s made>>>
- In a medium heatproof glass bowl on top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is light, thick and smooth. A ribbon should form when beaters are lifted and drawn over surface of mixture.
- In a small sauce pan scald cream. Stir in vanilla essence and salt.
- Pour over the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream, mix well.
- Place bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water. Using a wooden spoon, stir slowly and continuously for 12 minutes until custard is formed, thick enough to coat the back side of the spoon. Do not allow the water to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Set bowl over a bowl of cold water. Cool to room temperature. Then pour into your prepared container and freeze for 3 – 6 hours.
- Using a beater, beat 3 to 4 times while freezing.
Your Ice cream is ready to eat.