My very favourite, the finest recipe for light tomato soups, with rich tomato flovour is here now. I’ve made it more than just once and it was definitely a family favourite. Everyone enjoyed it with croûtons. A big hit! Especially for this oh-so-freaking cold weather.
2. Onion———————– 1 finely chopped
3. Tomatoes——————- 1 kg
4. Tomato puree————— 1 tsp
5. Stock———————— 30 oz or 1 1/2 pint
6. Cloves of garlic—————— 3
7. Bay leaf————————- 2 leaves
8. Potato————————– 1 large
9. Carrot————————– 1 sliced
10. salt and pepper to taste
11. Sugar————————— 1 tsp
12. Corn flour for thickening——— 1 1/2 tsp
13. Milk with extra cream———- 2 oz
1. Melt the butter in pressure cooker.
2. Add onions, sliced tomatoes, carrots, spices, potato and cook for 10 minutes.
3.Add liquid and seasonings and stir well.
4.Cover the cooker, bring to pressure cook on high pressure 10 minutes and then allow to reduce to room temperature.
5. Sieve the soup and blend the residual, and add to the soup.
6. Add the corn flour, blended milk with corn flour.
7. Add sugar to taste.
8. Serve with cream poured in after the soup has been dished out and garnish with croutons.