This is a quick and easy recipe of Egg Fried Rice (as the name suggests :p). This recipe is especially targeted for kids, those picky eaters, who don’t eat anything at all. It can be a less stressful way of getting your kids to eat vegetables. They will find something of their interest in all those colors and shapes in one plate. It can be a less stressful way of getting your kids to eat vegetables.
My kids love eating them without any gravy or sauce. Why would they need any sauce when these quick and easy egg fried rice are not only pleasant to the eye but also packed with flavors and healthy nutrients. They’ve got proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and much more.
Whenever you want to cook Chinese style fried rice, Always remember, it’s better if you:
- Boil rice the night before and refrigerate.
- Add a tablespoon or two of vinegar to the boiling rice. This stops the rice from breaking, once they are fried.
But since I am not such a big planner sometimes, so cook them earlier the day, cool down, and then refrigerate. The main aroma, that restaurant style smell of these Quick and easy Egg fried rice comes from the spring onions and the white pepper, in-my-humble-opinion. So do try to incorporate these two ingredients if you can.
Restaurants add MSG or Chinese-salt in all Chinese style dishes, but since it is banned in the rest of the world, so we don’t even think of using it in our recipes, not matter how good it may taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes plus boiling of rice
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 persons
Nutritional Value: Proteins, Vitamin (A, B, C, D), Minerals, Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Folic acid, Fiber.
What you need
|Pre-boiled Rice||350 g with 1tbsp salt, 2 tbsp vinegar|
|Carrots||2, finely cubed|
|Eggs||2, lightly beaten|
|Spring Onions||2, finely chopped, green part|
|White pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Soya Sauce||2-3 tbsp|
|Yellow food colour||Few drops (optional)|
|Water/chicken stock||to tenderize vegetables|
How it’s made
- Add salt, red chili powder and a few drops of yellow or orange food color into the eggs, lightly whisk and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and throw in finely chopped garlic.
- Once garlic turns golden brown (not black) add in egg and break it into small pieces like scrambled eggs.
- Now throw in carrots and peas and sautee for a couple of minutes.
- Then add in water/stock (I added water) wait for the vegetables to get soft. Don’t over do it. Do this step on high flame.
- Once done, add in pre-boiled rice, salt, white pepper and soya sauce. Give everything a good toss and lastly add in spring onions.
- Toss gently and your Egg fried rice are ready to serve.
Serve with :
And chose a salad from the salad bar as a side dish.
If you enjoyed reading my Quick and Easy Egg Fried Rice recipe please do share it with your friends and family on other social networks like Facebook and twitter. And to receive such mouth-watering, authentic recipes like Quick and Easy Egg Fried Rice, please do subscribe to my blog.