OMG! This recipe makes the best EVER Rasmalai, EVER! And please note I am NOT exaggerating a bit. The Rasmalai doubles in size, so make smaller balls.
What you need
Powdered Milk————– 2 cups
Baking powder————– 2 tsp slightly heaped
Flour———————– 1 tbsp leveled
Desi ghee——————- 2 tbsp Melted or any oil
For milk syrup
Fresh Milk——————- 2 liters
Sugar———————— 2 cups
Green cardamom————- 8 – 10
How it’s made
- Take fresh milk, sugar and cardamom in a pot and boil it once and then leave it on low flame for 10 minutes, no need to reduce the milk.
- In a separate bowl Mix together powdered milk, flour and baking powder.
- Now add ghee and mix with hands again.
- Add eggs and blend well again.
- Kneed till it forms a ball shape. Everything gets together.
- Donot ever add even a drop of water, if the dough is dry add 1 tbsp of milk but No Water.
- Kneed for further 5 – 6 minutes.
- Make small balls and gently put them into the milk syrup.
- Once you add the balls, set the stove on high flame and cover. Once milk boils, keep the flame on slow flame till they are fully cooked around 10 -1 5 minutes.
- After that leave them on slightest flame (Dum) for 2 – 3 minutes further more to remove any chances of uncooked center.
- Keep ’em in the fridge till chilled and ready to serve.
Decorate with finely sliced almonds on top.