I have made chicken shashlik on many dinner and iftar parties. It’s easy, it’s simple and a guest pleaser sure. If your chicken has been marinated for some time, cooking takes less than 30 minutes.
You can any vegetable you like, except for the ones that release too much water. I love pineapples so next time, I’ll be making it with them. Today I am making this on request of our member, Saba Murtaza, Hey saba, hope you like it.
And hope the rest of you like it as well.
What you need
Chicken——————————————— 1/2 kg
Salt————————————————– 1/2 tsp
Black pepper————————————– 1/2 tsp
Mustard Paste————————————- 1/2 tsp
Garlic/ginger paste——————————- 1 tsp
Ketchup——————————————— 4 tbsp
Worcestershire sauce————————–4 tbsp
Red chili powder——————————— 1/2 tsp
Oil————————————————— 1 tbsp
How its made
- Clean boneless chicken and pat dry, there shouldn’t be a drop of water left because it will affect chicken absorb all the juices from the marinades.
- Put it in a dry, clean bowl and add all the ingredients except the oil and the vegetables.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour over 10-12 hours for best results.
- Cut vegetables in cube, arrange them with chicken. Try to place a tomato over chicken because when they will cook, the juices from tomato will make the chicken taste even better.
- Once all the skewers have been made, put 2 tbsp oil over your grill pan, frying pan or plain grill and let it get a little bit hot.
- Once the oil is ready place chicken shashlik sticks on the pan and cook each side for 5 minutes and turn, cook 5 minutes on each side or till the chicken is cooked.
- In the end squeeze some lemon juice on top and they are ready to eat.