Sponge cake can also be called as the beginners cake or Oh-so-easy cake 🙂 Sponge cake is a very diverse cake, you can do just about anything with it according to your taste and mood. You can fill it with jam, wrap in chocolate icing, or sprinkle some icing sugar over it and serve. And this recipe is one of those never fail recipes. I have tried and pleased guests with this recipe a gazillion times.
All you need>>>
Eggs —————– 3
Flour—————– 3/4 cup
Castor Sugar——– 3/4 cup
Baking powder——— 3/4 tsp
Vegetable oil ——– 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence——- 1/2 tsp
How it’s made>>>
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- Combine oil and Castor sugar in a bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add egg one at a time and beat till mixed well.
- In another bowl sift Flour and baking powder and keep aside.
- Add flour and baking powder combined, to the liquid batter and beat till mixed, don’t over beat it.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Pour the batter into an 8 inch round pan, and bake into a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once done, let it cool down in the pan.
- Run a sharp knife around it’s edges and take it out of the pan.
Your cake is done, wasn’t it a piece of cake or what 😀 To make it even more exceptional, when one’s baked and cooled, make a sugar mixture with sugar and water and pour over the sponge, this trick makes it even more better. Try it yourself!
You can fill with any jam, say strawberry jam and cover with whipped cream icing, and it’s as simple as it gets.
Whipped cream Icing:
All you need>>>>
Cream ——— whipped 200ml
Icing sugar—- 1 cup or according to taste
How it’ made>>>
- Whip cream till hard peaks.
- Add icing sugar. Beat again till all mixed.
Now cover your cake with it.
Perfect for tea.