Since strawberries are in season with their exuberant red color and refreshing fragrance I thought I might give them a shot in cakes. Choosing which recipe to make can be the toughest part. Had around 20 – 25 tabs open, all strawberry cup cakes recipes. Of all those I had to choose only One Annie eats
So, this is my pick and boy I am not disappointed. Loved the chunky strawberries in every bite. Give it a shot and lemme know.
What you need>>>
Cake flour ———————– 2 1/2 cup (see note)
Baking soda——————— 1 tsp
Salt —————————– 1/4 tsp
Unsalted butter—————— ½ cup
Sugar—————————- 1 ½ cups
Buttermilk———————– 1/3 cup (note 2)
oil——————————– 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence——————- 1 tsp
Chopped strawberries———— 2 cups
How it’s made>>>
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla and beat.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined
- Fold in chopped strawberries.
- Now pour the batter into the cases. 3/4th full, never fill up to the top.
- Bake for 20 min. or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
To make 1 cup of cake flour combine
Flour———————– 84 g
Corn flour—————— 15 g
To make 1/2 cup of buttermilk
Milk———————– 1/2 cup
Vinegar——————- 1/2 tbsp