Our friends were coming for to our home after a long long time, in an hours time. So, I had to act quick. I wanted to make something that was quick and easy yet fit for kings. A something that would make them go all “awwww”. Well they didn’t say “aww” at once, mainly because they were so mystified by the charm that it left them speechless. Of course this is my version of the story lol jokes apart, they all loved it.
It was quick, it was easy and oh-so-deliciously-simple. And the presentation was superb. Scores a 10/10 each time. For final touches I topped it with a tiny cocktail umbrella and they looked so adorable 😀
What you need
Strawberries———– 1 cup pureed
Castor sugar————- 2 tbsp
Gelatin—————– 1/2 tbsp
Cold water————- 2 tbsp
Cream—————– 3/4 cup
Instant Jelly ———– One packet, I use orange flavor
How it’s made
- First make the orange sachet jelly according to the instructions on the packet and pour into 4 glasses (like I did) or whatever you wanna use. Let it come to room temperature, then chill in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take another small bowl, add water and sprinkle gelatin on top. Don’t stir, just let it sit there for 5 minutes.
- In another clean bowl puree strawberries with a fork (for frozen strawberries) or blend them to paste using food processor (for fresh strawberries).
- Now put the puree, sugar and gelatin mix in a saucepan, over a medium heat, bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, remove from heat and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- In the mean time, beat cream to hard peaks.
- Once the puree mixture starts to set, fold the whipped cream into it gently and pour into your glasses over the jelly chilling in the glasses for over 20 minutes now 😀
- Chill in the fridge until it is set.
- Place a mint leaf on top and feel the awesomeness of creating such a master piece and please your guests also 😀