This Chicken with lemon sauce recipe can be made in a matter of minutes. And another good thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t require a long list of items. Only a few items help create this aromatic, tangy chicken in lemon sauce.
You can adjust the seasoning according to your taste, adjust the consistency of the sauce, either you want it thick or thin is totally upto you. I like it thick so, I kept it that way.
What you need:
Chicken boneless———– 250 g
Corn flour—————— As needed for coating chicken pieces
Eggs———————— 1 or as needed for coating chicken pieces
For the lemon sauce:
Lemon juice—————– 1/4 cup
Water———————– 2 cups
Sugar———————– 2 tsp
Yellow food colour———– pinch
Salt————————- 1 tsp
White pepper————— 1 tsp
Green chili—————— 1 whole, slitted
Garlic cloves—————- 4 crushed
Oil————————– 3 tbsp
Cornflour——————- to thicken the sauce
How it’s made
- Thinly slice chicken diagonally or square shapes, around 1 1/2 inch long.
- Marinate chicken in salt for 15-20 minutes.
- Now take a clean, small bowl and beat eggs into it. Set aside.
- Now dip your chicken pieces in lightly whisked egg and then in cornflour, repeat coating them in egg and then again in cornflour. Set aside.
- Once all done, deep fry your chicken pieces on a medium flame.
- Now for the lemon sauce, take a pan, add oil in it and throw in garlic.
- Sautee garlic, add water and then throw in rest of the ingredients.
- Once it boils add in cornflour and thicken the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Once the sauce is done, throw in the fried chicken pieces and serve.