As you can very well see, I didn’t add any sauce to my burger. Reason? Well, the over-night marination resulted in a wonderfully juicy, moist and flavorsome chicken. It didn’t require any special mayonnaise or even simple ketchup for that oomph! Serve it with lots of French Fries , coleslaw or some other salad from my salad bar and you’ve got a meal straight from heaven, hell yeah 🙂
Even though, I’m glad I didn’t get any special sauce or ketchup on my burger. I have posted the mayonnaise sauce Shireen Anwer suggested with this burger in her program. So, it’s totally up to you. But please, on my request, do try to marinate the chicken fillets over-night and then taste the difference.
First I tried out Chef Zakir’s Zinger Burger and it was a complete disaster. The recipe called for two tablespoons of baking soda. Now that’s too much of baking soda, but still having all my faith in Chef Zakir, I carried on.
As luck would have it, all my six chicken fillets got wasted. The bitter taste of baking soda was so over-powering that no one could finish their burger :S Guess he mistook baking powder for baking soda or something. But Chef Zakir’s Zinger Burger was a complete disaster. So, next time I opted for Shireen Anwers’s Perfect Hot and Spicy chicken burger and they were just perfect 🙂
|Chili Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic clove||1 mashed|
|Self-raising flour||2 tbsp|
|Corn flour||2 tbsp|
|Paprika powder red chili powder||1/4 tsp|
|Chili Sauce||1 tbsp|
|White Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Chilled milk||as needed to make the batter|
|Baking powder||1/4 tsp|
|Self-raising flour||For coating chicken|
How it’s made
- To make 1 cup self-raising flour, add 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of salt to 1 cup of flour. Please note, this is for 1 cup self-raising flour, and for this hot and spicy chicken burger additional salt and baking powder will be added. You can take 2 tbsp of self raising flour for the batter and keep the rest for coating later on.
- Slightly flatten the chicken fillets with steak hammer, then marinate it in salt, black pepper, garlic, ketchup and chili sauce.
- Marinate overnight for best results.
- Take another dry and clean bowl and add in self-raising flour, corn flour, salt, paprika, chili sauce, white pepper, baking powder and mix well.
- Take chilled milk and make a medium consistency batter with it. Make sure you keep your batter chilled, once done, you can also keep it in fridge for later use.
- Now take the self-raising flour in a plate and set aside.
- Take your marinated chicken fillets, dip them in chilled milk batter and then coat in self-raising flour. Coat well on both sides and pat lightly so that the flour may stick to the fillets.
- Deep fry, drain on kitchen paper once golden brown on both sides.
- Apply a scant teaspoon of mayonnaise on burger buns and then lightly toast them on grill or frying pan, set aside.
- Cut round slices of tomatoes, onions and cucumbers. You can add gherkins (pickled cucumbers) or jalapeno if you like. Set aside.
- Take your lightly toasted bun, add a cheese slice.
- Place salad leaf or ice burg lettuce on top.
- Put burger patty on top.
- Then vegetables of your linking.
- Sauce if you like.