For lunch I wanted to make some, aromatic, creamy chicken which would also be in the form of curry. I searched for the recipe but all in vain, didn’t quite like any recipe I laid my eyes on so, I thought of being more adventureous and made my own recipe which turned out to be all three things I wanted and much more.
It was so creamy and scrumptious and exactly what I was looking for. Hope you try it and then share your views with me.
What you need
Chicken————————————— 1/2 kg with bone
Yoghurt—————————————- 1 cup
Salt——————————————— 1 tsp
White Pepper——————————– 1 tsp
Bay leaves———————————— 3-4
Onion—————————————— 2 finely chopped
Desi ghee———————————— 1/2 cup
Oregano————————————– 1/2 tsp
Black cardamom————————— 3-4
Cream—————————————- 100 ml
Garlic paste———————————- 1 tsp
Ginger paste——————————— 1 tsp
How it’s made
- Take a clean, dry pot and add desi ghee in it. You can also use oil if you like but for best flavour, add desi ghee.
- Once desi ghee gets a bit warmer, throw in finely chopped onions.
- Do not cook onions too long, just when they are light pinkish throw in bay leaves, black cardamom and chicken.
- Cook chicken for 10-15 minutes or until slight golden and add garlic/ginger paste, salt, oregano and white pepper.
- Give it a good mix and add yoghurt.
- Bhoofy for another 10-15 minutes and on a slow flame, pour in cream, and cook till everything gets a good mix.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and it’s ready to please you family and friends.